Pages

8.29.2013

In my suitcase...

If you're like me, you overpack ALL the time.
 
And it's not that I lack practice: I've been dating long-distance for almost 3 years now and I'm a pro when it comes to navigating airport terminals and swiftly flying though security. But blame it on the good old FOMO, I always want a gazillion options just in case the opportunity of my life pops up and I don't have the perfect thing to wear. I'm afraid to be overdressed, but I'm scared s***less of being underdressed.
 
My boyfriend always makes fun of me because I have a piece of outerwear for every shift of 5 degrees of temperature. And here, it goes from -30 Celsius to + 30 Celsius, so that makes a lot of jackets (and, of course,  I need ALL of them).
 
I have improved a little over time and I found out that what helps the most is knowing what you're going to do during your vacation (didn't work out well for my 2-month trip though).
 
This weekend, I'm visiting my boyfriend in Boston and I plan to:
 
1- Go out on a boat
2- Go to a Red Sox game
3- Go to a (fancy but not too much) dinner date
 
I guess that doesn't leave me much time to do anything else, so I'll refuse any red carpet invitation anyways! I'll be able to bring the tiniest suitcase I have ever packed (yes, I'm also bringing underwear and a toothbrush... and jewelry, and a book, and a camera...)!
 



1. For a day at the beach: a light drop-waist dress (one of my favorite fall trends, eeek!), a cute flower bikini and, of course, boat shoes (you don't want to fall off the boat).

2. For the baseball game: one last chance to wear your denim cut-offs, a much needed hat (in the bleachers, the sun can be harsh), and, of course, the baseball shirt. Complete the look with white Chuck Taylors!

3. For the date night: while on a date, I like to be sexy and edgy without overdoing it. A nice grungy flower dress with a leather jacket and my favorite Jeffrey Campbell cutout boots make for a perfect outfit (they are sooo comfy). I would bring knee-high socks just in case it's chilly (plus, guys love 'em).

All the details are here!

Where are you headed for the long Labor Day weekend?





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa!

      Thanks for your comment.
      I'll be glad to follow you!

      Sara xo

      Delete
    2. I'm following your blog on bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  2. Really great post!!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx
    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day ;)