Pages

8.23.2013

RUNNING PRETTY

I've never been exactly the athletic type.
I don't have two left feet and can do okay in most sports, but every time I wanted to start running I gave up after 15-20 minutes and wouldn't try again for a whole year. Back then, I thought every person I saw jogging on the street was an athlete. I couldn't possibly imagine being one of them.

And then some witch cast a spell on me I found what works for me. It happened about a year and a half ago and I've been running at least 3 times a week since then. I still can't believe it now.

I thought today was a pretty good occasion to share with you a few of the things that made me a tremendous long-distance runner  that helped me stick to running because I will be running my first 10K race this Sunday! And you know what works for me? Try to guess...

Pretty clothes (again)! And an imaginary friend called Nike+ Running :)

So here are a few of my favorite summer running gear (I live in Canada so don't expect me to wear shorts in winter, I kinda got attached to my legs over the years and don't want to lose them).

I own this tank top in a different color and it is truly amazing. They say it has anti-odor properties and I tested it (shhh!). I actually ran 3 times in the t-shirt made with the same fabric before washing it and it smelled NOTHING! (Ew, I know, but I did it for you guys I was very busy that week). Find it here. They also have a shorter version for petites!
Lululemon racer shorts: they are so cute! Love how the opening on the leg is not centered.

Lululemon speed shorts (this color is sold out in most sizes but they restock frequently). I don't own them but they are apparently the best running shorts out there according to reviews!
I'm really sorry (not sorry) I only suggest lululemon clothes but I have two very good reasons for that:
1- It's a Canadian brand (pretty rare for sports apparel) and we're very nice people.
2- There are NO other brands (that I know of) that make such cool designs and have such a wonderful and sexy fit. It really boosts your confidence. You actually even believe you've become more toned even if nothing changed :)
I promise this post is not sponsored (I wish!).

I just got bangs (kind of) recently and this saves my life. It's got tiny anti-slip dots that makes it stay put even with my tiny head (which contains a huge brain of course). Here (only 12$!).


This is a screen shot of my Ipod with Nike+ running.

Nah kidding I have never ran more than about 5 miles ;). Available on the Apple Store. I know there are tons of other similar apps. This is what helped me the most because I can see my progression and I hear cheers from people who like my "running status" on Facebook!

I do not have an armband because all my awesome lululemon bottoms have pockets where I put my keys and Ipod but if I ever needed one I would get this one here.


These are the shoes I've been using since last spring. They are the perfect compromise between very minimal shoes and huge shoes with tons of support. Bonus: they look great! They tend to run a tad small. On sale here(a real steal!) 
I noticed the bright shoes trend is slowly dying and the black running shoes is coming back strong, so here's a good black alternative:

Snag it on sale here.

The only advice I can give to people who want to start running is do what you can. There will always be people who run twice as far or twice as fast as you do. Everybody is different and what's important is that your run makes you feel good physically and about yourself. Even if you progress really slowly, it's better than not doing anything. And you ARE allowed to reward yourself with a little shopping session now and then ;)

P.S. Wish me luck! I hope I can run the whole 10k :) (And look like this while I run)


2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the 10K!!! Cute workout gear always gives you a little more motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Theladyolive.com Thanks! I hope I can make it but if not, at least I'll look cute, ha!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day ;)